Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Another Day... Another Test

Today is day number 5 of the state mandated standardized tests for children in grades 3-10 here in Colorado. As the Great Test Giver in my school I am charged with the dissemination of ALL of the tests... but this one is the biggest and "baddest." I have 280 children out of about 450 taking this during the morning and afternoon of this and last weeks. I have to make sure that the proctors are "proctoring," and the teachers are NOT teaching and that the tests are secure and locked up and that no one vomits on them or draws on them or reads ahead or discusses them outside the classroom. No wonder I feel like a prisoner myself.
Funny enough, the kids like this time because it is "different" and they get to play outside after the session. I think I would like that too.

No comments: